Monday, March 28, 2011

Extreme Nerd Alert

I was nattering on about some clarinet related intrigue at work today, and my good friend and teaching partner Lyn had a Tourette's like outburst and screamed "NERD ALERT!" I couldn't help but laugh, because it really is true. I submit the following evidence to support my claim: 


 1) This weekend, I spent about three hours transposing music from the key of Eb to the key of Bb. This isn't the most difficult of transpositions, and I used to be able to do things like that quickly and easily. However, given the fact that I haven't done any sort of music theory ANYTHING for about two and a half years, it seemed incredibly difficult and took me FOREVER. But I kind of enjoyed it.

2) I was checking my email and had received an email from some travel website that I once booked a ticket with. The subject of the email was "Book Cruises: Something for Everyone!" When I read this, my knee-jerk response was "A BOOK cruise?! That's the kind of cruise I could really get behind!" Then I realized book was being used as a verb not an adjective to describe the type of cruise, and felt very sheepish.

What can I say, it's just how I roll.

No comments: